The new canon 500D is released today! This is the upgraded version of the 450D. The 500D has 15,1 Mpix and video in full HD (1920×1080). The ISO range is also upgraded up to 12.800!
This camera is ment as a competitor to the Nikon D90. The canon has a better HD video function, meaning that it has autofocus, which the D90 don’t have on the video.
But I think canon did a miss on the price! While you can get the Nikon D90 with a lens for under 10.000,- Norwegian kroners, you will need to pay 10.999,- for the Canon 500D with the 18-55 mm IS-lens.
The press release on the Canon 500D in Norway is later today! We will see what they have to say about it! Looking forward to have a new camera on my wish list! But as it looks now, I think that the 5D mark II still is on the top.
Some specs on the Canon 500D
• 15,1 Mpix APS-C CMOS-sensor
• Full HD-video with HDMI-plug for easy TV connection
• ISO 100 – 3200 (Plus two extra high speed mode: 6.400 and 12.800)
• 3,4 Pictures pr secound
• Upp to 170 large JPEG-pictures in a serie
• 3,0” ClearView LCD-screen with Live View
• 9-punkts AF
• High speed Digic 4-prosessor
• EOS’ self cleaning system
• Compatible with Canons EF- and EF-S-lenses, including EX-series Speedlites-flash
Share on Facebook